My trip to Florida last week was wonderful. Not just nice, but wonderful. I think I will do a recap in bullets. You know you love the bullets!
- Nicest compliment to your looks is “you look fit”. I will carry that one with me for awhile.
- Being a house guest of people who are that gracious and kind is just an amazing experience.
- Yoga on the Beach at Sunset!!!! Wonderful. I would not replace a regular yoga class with it because there were just too many people for the instructor to watch or in any way help, but oh my goodness wasn’t it nice!
- We saw many dolphins & alligators. It took me five trips to Florida to see an alligator. The only thing missing was the manatee. I guess I’ll have to keep going back until I see one of those.
- Driving to lunch on a boat is certainly more fun than pizza delivery.
- I enjoy going to bed early and getting up early so it was nice to be able to do that and not have to adjust my schedule too much. I guess that goes with bullet number 3.
- We went to Thomas Edisons Florida estate. That was pretty cool. Would have been cooler if I could have taken a star fruit.
- I have finally found someone else who shares my joy in the simple candies of childhood!
- I used a torch with flames shooting out of the end. 🙂
- I also drove the boat for a few moments at mostly idle speed. I was surprised by how difficult it is to steer.
- If I think too much about how much my vacation cost the nice people we stayed with it makes me want to send them a cashiers check, so I will try not to think about it. Boat Gas is expensive!
- The food thing was a little frustrating. I felt as if people were constantly having to accomodate me and I didn’t like it. Bad enough I’m a vegetarian but then add all my current little quirks and I’m just a giant pain in the ass.
On to some pictures.
The Lovely Linda with a statue of a very large Mrs. Edison!!
A big tenacious bug!
This is KC. I think KC & I were brother & sister in a different life. We have a lot of similarities and seem to like the same things.
My sister & I at the Nav-A-Gator
Speaking of Gators!
Speaking of my sister! I think she’ll be okay of this picture of her in the pool 🙂
Ah…Erin at the end of a walkway on Don Pedro Island. Beautiful.