Archive for March, 2014
So many variations you could make on this recipe! Makes me want to go home and bake.
Today my mom and I made three varieties of meat pies – in all we made 26. Some were eaten freshly baked for dinner, and the rest were wrapped and packed away in the freezer for future meals.
Our three varieties were:
1) Ground beef with a roasted beef gravy, traditionally eaten with ketchup
2) Ground beef with taco seasoning (eaten with some sour cream, cheese, etc on top)
3) Equal mix of ground chicken and turkey, with chicken gravy and veggies (pot pie)
Ours feature a Grands biscuit bottom and a Bisquick top.
Ingredients for 12 pies:(recipe from my mother’s cookbook)
– Aluminum pans that are the size of mini pot pies like the cheapie 80c pies
– Grands biscuits, 2 or 3 tubes
– Approx 3 lbs ground meat: cooked, drained
– Gravies or seasonings
– 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies per 2lbs ground meat if…
View original post 329 more words